We believe that passionate worship is essential in the life of a Christian. It connects us with God and with each other as we gather as the people of God. And it is not just a feel good experience on Sunday, but makes a real difference in our lives throughout the week. We strive to foster a lifestyle of worship in all those who come through the doors of Asbury Church.
We believe that God is more interested in authentic worship than in any particular music style. One of Asbury’s greatest strengths is the diversity of worship environments that encourage all generations and backgrounds to connect with God in their own way. From modern, high-energy services to traditional hymns and liturgies, Asbury helps people to experience God’s presence in a way that is most meaningful to them.
We believe that God has called every member of His Church to use their gifts for His glory. The Worship Arts department is always looking for people willing to serve by using their musical, artistic and technological talents in leading others in worship.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
If you are interested in finding out how you may fit into Asbury’s Worship Arts Ministry, here are some opportunities.
- Worship Teams: Love to play or sing? We are always looking for pianists, guitarists, and drummers as well as male and female vocalists to join the team.
- Choir: Enjoy being part of a larger group? Our Choir sings on an occasional basis usually around major holidays such as Christmas, Easter and July 4th.
There are no auditions and anyone who loves to sing is welcome to participate. The music style of this group leans more toward the contemporary end of the musical spectrum. Rehearsals typically start three weeks prior to the service in which the Choir sings. Watch the Worship Guide for the next time the Choir sings.
- Instrumental Ensembles: Have experience playing an orchestral instrument? We occasionally feature an instrumental ensemble (“orchestra”) at special services. If you play brass, strings, or woodwinds on at least a high school level, we’d love to get you involved.
- Media Teams: Love technology? Our worship services are enhanced by various types of technology including sound systems, lighting, computers, and video projection. If you are interested in any of these areas, we would love to talk to you.
- Ushers/Greeters: Enjoy meeting and serving others? When people come to church, their experience begins with the smiles of the Greeters and the friendliness of the Ushers. We are always looking for people to serve in these vital roles who project a welcoming demeanor and attitude of authentic servanthood.
THE FIRST STEP
Just give us a call! We would love to arrange a time to meet one-on-one and hear how you are interested in getting involved. If you need more information or want to set up a time to meet, please contact our Worship Arts Pastor, Dennis Gill at 316.942.1491 or by EMAIL.